For those who are fan of daddy Yankees here is a look at one of the most successful artist in urban and reggaeton music.
1. On April 30, 2006, Daddy Yankee was named one of the 100 most influential people by Time magazine.
2. According to Billboard magazine, El Cartel: The Big Boss was the top-selling album among all Latin music categories in 2007. His album had sold more copies than those of Juan Luis Guerra and Juanes.
3. The Big Boss has appeared and contributed on over 70 albums.
4. Daddy Yankee became the first Latin artist to sign a deal with Reebok, in order to produce several accessories. These include personal apparel such as the licensed clothing line “DY”, which was released in 2006.
5. Daddy Yankee hosts On Fuego, a syndicated radio show from ABC Radio Networks.
6. Daddy Yankee started to rhyme and sing at the age of 13.
7. His album Barrio Fino sold over 1,000,000 in Puerto Rico alone.
8. Daddy Yankee has teamed up with Reebok to have his own shoes and sporting goods. Yankee is the only reggatonero with a sneaker line.
9. El Cangri co-owns the Caguas Creoles a professional basketball team in Puerto Rico.
10. In Puerto Rico, Daddy Yankee launched a campaign to equip 16 schools with computers and other supplies.
Watch his video Pose the latest music video from the upcoming “Talento de Barrio” movie soundtrack from Daddy Yankee: